RSG is a community collaboration of early childhood education providers and community organizations working together to improve and expand quality preschool experiences for the children of Elyria. RSG seeks to ensure Kindergarten readiness for children in Elyria by addressing academics, physical health, behavioral health, and social/emotional development. This is accomplished through:
- ongoing professional development for early childhood education staff;
- alignment to Ohio’s Early Learning Developmental Standards;
- high-quality, low-cost preschool;
- health screenings and immunizations;
- developmental screenings to ensure children are meeting milestones on time;
- family support programs;
- community programs such as storytimes at the Elyria Public Library.
RSG seeks to build a bridge from early childhood education to elementary school and beyond with the belief that children ready for kindergarten are ready for life.